Includes 5 varieties of Butterhead Lettuce.
- Bronze Mignonette
- White Boston
- Marvel of Four Seasons
- Tom Thumb
Easy Grow Instructions
- Step by step directions to grow each of the 5 individual lettuce varieties.
- Scan the QR code to easily reorder or check into additional information.
Beautiful Packet Designs
- 3.25" Wide by 4.5" Tall.
- Full color illustration on the front side.
- Beautifully designed packets.
- Quality Lettuce seeds. Intended for the current and the following growing season. Packets are 3.25" wide by 4.50" tall and come with a full colored illustration on the front side, as well as detailed sowing instructions on the reverse.
- This lettuce seed assortment includes 5 popular varieties, such as White Boston, Tom Thumb, Buttercrunch, Marvel of Four Seasons and Bronze Mignonette.
- Lettuce crops are considered annual plants that produce a single crop in a single year of growth.
- Lettuce crops can vary when it comes to harvest dates, but the common harvest time is anywhere between 50 to 65 days.
This collection contains 5 individual packets of the most popular varieties of Butterhead Lettuce. Varieties include White boston, Tom Thumb, Marvel of Four Seasons, Buttercrunch and Bronze Mignonette. All are heirloom lettuce selections that boast a delicious flavor, with a leafy-green color. Perfect for salads!
Tom Thumb can grow to a miniature diameter of only 4 to 5 inches wide, while White Boston can easily reach 12 inches in diameter. Each selection is easily grown from seed either started indoors, or directly outdoors. Great for hydroponics and soil-less systems!
SOWING THE SEED
Lettuce seeds can be started indoors, or directly outdoors as well. If started indoors, choose large CowPots, at least 4 inches tall and 4 inches wide. Sow the seeds in groups of 4, at a depth of 1/16" under topsoil, so that they are barely covered. Transplant entire peat pots outdoors, or direct sow when the weather has become mildly warm. Do not sow deeper than the recommended sowing depth mentioned above, as Lettuce will require a bit of direct light to germinate properly.
Lettuce will thrive in areas of partial sun, meaning that they should receive about 5 to 6 hours of sunlight a day. Lettuce plants prefer cooler temperatures of 45F to 65F and will flourish in loose, fertile soils, just make sure that the sowing medium is also well drained. To increase your drainage, we recommend adding a light compost to any areas that consist of hard, compact soil. Water the seeds daily to ensure that the ground is moist, but never soaked.
GERMINATION & GROWTH
Lettuce will typically begin to germinate within 7 to 14 days after sowing. The plants will reach a mature height that varies from 5 to 10 inches tall, spreading anywhere between 4 and 12 inches wide. Spacing will be explained in depth on the back of each packet.
Shipping Time: 5-7 days
We process orders between Monday and Friday. Orders will be processed within 1-3 business days of ordering and shipped out the next day after the processing day. We don't ship on weekends.
We truly believe we have some of the best products in the world and we want to make sure we back that up with a risk free ironclad 30 day guarantee.
If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Buying items online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there is absolute zero risk in buying something and trying it out. If you don't like it, no hard feelings we'll make it right.
We have a business phone number 587.316.3487 you can text for quick response and a 24/7/365 Ticket and Email support. Please contact us if you need assistance.